Information about forehead lift or brow lift in Argentina
The forehead lift or brow lift objective is to restore a more youthful, refreshed look to the area above the eyes. This surgery corrects drooping brows and improves the horizontal lines and furrows that can make a person appear angry, sad or tired.
In a forehead lift or brow lift, the surgeon removes the muscles and tissues that cause the furrowing or drooping, in order to smooth the forehead, raise the eyebrows and minimize frown lines. There are different methods for this surgery, your surgeon can use the conventional surgical method, in which the incision is hidden just behind the hairline; other method that can be used is with an endoscope, a viewing instrument that allows the procedure to be performed with minimal incisions. Both techniques yield similar results: smoother forehead skin and a more animated appearance.
Hospitalization: If you undergo endoscopic method, you will have to stay hospitalized for half a day. The other procedures are done on an outpatient basis.
After the surgery
• The post-operative experience for a patient who has had a classic forehead lift may be different from a patient who had the procedure performed endoscopically.
• The post-operative experience for a patient who has had a classic forehead lift, may be some numbness and temporary discomfort around the incision, which can be controlled with prescription medication. Patients who are prone to headaches may be treated with an additional longer-acting local anesthesia during surgery as a preventive measure.
• May be you will have to keep your head elevated for two or three days after the surgery to keep the swelling down. Swelling may also affect the cheeks and eyes, however, this may disappear in about a week.
• It may happen that numbness on the top of your scalp is replaced by itching. These sensations may take as long as six months to fully disappear. If bandages were used, they will be removed a day or two after surgery. During the next two weeks, most stitches or clips will be removed, sometimes in two stages.
• Some of your hair around the incision may be a bit thinner and fall out temporarily. Normal growth will usually resume within a few weeks or months. Permanent hair loss is not common.
• Endoscopic forehead lift patients may experience some numbness, incision discomfort and mild swelling.
• Incision site pain can be controlled with medication and is usually minimal. Endoscopic forehead lift patients usually experience less of the itching sensation felt by patients who have had the classic forehead lift.
• The stitches or staples used to close the incisions are usually removed within a week and the temporary fixation screws within two weeks.
What are the possible side-effects and complications of a brow lift?
What can be expected from a forehead lift or Brow Lift?
After the surgery, your face will look renewed and fresh. You will also look relaxed and younger. The newly acquired arch of the eyebrows on your smooth forehead will give you a very pleasant look.
What cannot be expected from a forehead lift or Brow Lift?
It does not reduce crow’s feet. It cannot be expected from the Brow Lift surgery to correct lax or hanging eyelids; in that case, you may try with a Blepharoplasty.
Last Update: 06/26/2012
|| Home | About | Medical Tourism | Plastic Surgery Prices | Testimonials | FAQ | Blog | Contact Us | Terms | Sitemap | Español ||
|© 2008-2012 Sublimis - Medical Treatments and Cosmetic Plastic Surgery in Argentina|