Dental implants have functional and aesthetic purposes. Generally, they are used for:
1. The dentist will examine the patient, evaluate the mobility of remaining natural teeth and health of gums, and all the factors that the dentist considers that can influence the treatment in the future.
2. Dental X-rays are required. X-rays may have different degrees of complexity, but in our clinic we have digital x-rays, which avoids the development process, plaques, and liquids, and makes a more accurate diagnosis possible. In some cases, more complex x-rays are ordered, if the case calls for it.
3. Laboratory Analysis: they should be required in every surgery, even though dental implants are less traumatic for the patient than a tooth extraction or a piercing.
4. Every patient is thoroughly examined so that the placement of implants and prosthetic restoration is as predictable as possible.
5. Surgical placement of the implants into the exposed jawbone.
6. If stitches were used they have to be removed, but lately in our specialized center we have been using the minimally invasive procedure in most cases, eliminating the need for scalpel and sutures.
Three months after the surgery and once the process of osseointegration has been completed, the implants are uncovered, placing the transepithelial and transmucosal implants that connects them with the gum. However, with the new techniques we use, this second surgery is no longer necessary in most cases, since the new implants we place have the transmucosal abutment attached to them. In this way, we will move on to the next stage avoiding the surgery.
On the day the implants are uncovered, in most cases, impressions are taken for the permanent teeth and other temporary ones are made as well. In the course of about three appointments, the last measurements are taken and the final prostheses are inserted.
It depends on who performs it and the type of treatment used. In the past, it was usual that every treatment with implants entailed a surgery; this is not the case today, in our clinic we use state-of-the-art implants, with special characteristics, that avoid these invasive surgeries and their uncomfortable postoperatives.
Nowadays, it is difficult to say that a treatment is for a lifetime in medicine, specially being the teeth a tool that we use many times every day. 25-year studies have shown that the results of this procedure remain stable with the passing of time.
The osseointegration concept is opposite to that of rejection. In this way, we can affirm that rejection, using the technique and materials we described above, does not exist. The lose of one of the implants placed might occur due to infections, premature overloading of the implants, and other less frequent causes. This is the reason why these treatments should be performed by a qualified specialist capable of controlling all the parameters.
Dental implants today have shown a success rate above 95% and it is a procedure that continues to improve. In any case, most of the prostheses are attached to several implants and the failure of one of them would not change the outcome of the treatment.
SPECIALIST IN Dental Implants
Professional Medical License: 7583
View resume and contact Nicolás Cozzarin, DDS
Check out our dental implants before & after photo gallery. Here you can view actual patient before and after pictures from dentists in Argentina. These photographs represent typical results, but we cannot guarantee the exact same result as the images below, since it varies depending on the patient.
How much does a dental implants cost abroad? The reference price for a teeth implants in Argentina is USD 620 but this may vary according to the needs and requirements of each patient. Please fill in the form below to contact us and get your free quote!
Our prices includes: pre and post surgery consultations and controls; dentist's fees; implants; supplies and disposable materials. Bilingual assistant, accommodation and transfers are optional. Prescribe medication after surgery is not included. No hidden fees!
Learn everything you need to know about Medical Tourism in Argentina.
We meet all the biosecurity measures in the health industry during the Covid-19 pandemic.
SEND US YOUR CONSULTATION
Written by Nicolás Cozzarin, DDS
Last update: 27/01/2023
Note: This information serves as support and does not replace your doctors opinion.
Porcelain crowns are long lasting covers that simulate the anatomy of the tooth to give a better appearance. There are 2 types: the metal-porcelain crown and zirconium or alumina porcelain crown.
Porcelain veneers are thin layers of ceramic material that cover the entire front of the tooth to give a better appearance. They are used to change the shape, color and/or position of teeth.
Teeth Bleaching is a technique that has given much satisfaction to patients and professionals, it allows to have a much more youthful and healthy look. Whitening is a cosmetic dental treatment that reduces the original color tones leaving teeth whiter and brighter.