Our obesity specialist, Doctor Norman Jalil, M.D., specializes in treating overseas patients who travel to Argentina seeking for affordable weight-loss surgery such as Duodenal Switch, Gastric Bypass Surgery, Gastric Sleeve Surgery, Lap Band, Metabolic Surgery, among others.
Doctor Jalil was a pioneer in minimally invasive bariatric surgeries in Córdoba, Argentina. He performed his first intervention in 1997 and has operated more than 2000 patients since then. He is frequently consulted by major newspapers and media outlets from Argentina such as Infobae and Clarín.
Professional Medical License: 19398 Specialty License: 6273
- Professional Title of Academic Surgeon awarded by the UNC.
- Title of Specialist in General Surgery and Endocrine granted by the UNC.
- General Surgery Specialist title awarded by the Medical Council of the Province of Cordoba.
- Specialist in Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery, a certificate issued by the Department of General and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital Claude Huriez. Lille, France.
- Scholarship Holder in the Department of General and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital Claude Huriez. Lille, France.
- Member of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Member of the Argentina Society of Surgery for Obesity (SACO)
- Member of the American Association of Endoscopic Surgeons (ALACE)
- Member of the Argentina Surgery Association
- Member of the Córdoba Surgery Association.
- Member of the Córdoba Proctology Society.
- Director of the Interdisciplinary Group for Treatment of Severe Obesity, which has specialists in different disciplines related to obesity.
- Program Director for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Air Force Hospital Córdoba, in Argentina, only authorized center for bariatric surgery in the field of the Argentinan Air Force.
- Director of the Biennial Course for Training Surgeons period 2009 - 2010 organized by the Córdoba Surgery Association.
- Director of the Model Center for Mini-invasive Surgery located in Cordoba, Argentina.